How do I access Act 166 tuition funding?


Children must be 3-years-old by August 31st in Bethel, Chelsea, Rochester and South Royalton.

Children must be 3-years-old by September 1st in Sharon, Strafford, Stockbridge and Tunbridge.

Children who are 3, 4, and 5-years-old not yet attending kindergarten are eligible for preschool funding.



Register your child/children at your local school.  You may choose to enroll your child at another prequalified early childhood program either public or private outside of your local school district's preschool.  


In order to access preschool tuition funding you must register first with your local school.  If you do not register with your local school prior to enrolling your child in a preschool outside of your local school district, tuition will be at the families expense.   If you are a Hancock or Granville resident, you will register with the White River Valley Assistant Business Manager, Ginger Maston. 

     What do you need to register?

  •  Make an appointment with your local Registrar.

  • What should you bring?

 1. You must bring a copy of your child's birth certificate.

 2. Two Forms of Proof of Residency  

     Acceptable Forms:

         Copy of current tax bill

         Copy of lease agreement

         Copy of rent receipt

         Voter registration

         Automobile registration

         Employment verification

         Utility Bill

 3.  Out of District Application if your choice of preschools is outside of your town's public preschool.

Your school registrar will include this form in your registration packet. Please return this to them.



Registrar Contact Information